Could your team benefit from customer service training? Do your associates:
- Inspire customer loyalty?
- Build proactive, empathetic customer relationships?
- Deliver a customer experience that aligns with your brand objectives?
Sometimes, you already know your associates need customer service training. Other times, it becomes clear after we conduct a customer service evaluation, or a satisfaction survey.
Either way, to deliver compelling customer service, your staff needs customer service training that sets the right standards and provides examples.
Customer Service Training Takeaways
- Create peak experiential moments
- End interactions on an uptick
- Empathize with customers
- Communicate effectively in a broad range of situations
- Position customer service to demonstrate your brand
Whether it’s a 55-minute workshop for 200, or a half-day coaching session with a few associates, we start by showing the importance of the customer experience and tying it to fundamental principles. From there, we demonstrate optimized interactions (also known as Model Answers or The Playbook) and conclude with at least one interactive exercise.
Part 1: Customer Service Training Foundation
- Discuss the core qualities of customer experience.
- Show the 4 factors common to all service interactions.
- Explore different personas and situations and their impact on service.
- Deconstruct examples of good and bad customer service.
- Brainstorm the interactions that your associates find most challenging.
Part 2: The Playbook
Because Model Answers re-work specific scenarios, they are the tool that most dramatically improves customer service.
- Prior to our workshops, we’ve analyzed how associates engage with customers. And we’ve put a ‘director’s cut’ on select calls, emails, and chats to showcase successes and missed opportunities.
- Where your customer service needs to be improved, we develop new, better answers and explanations. We’ve written Playbooks containing hundreds of Model Answers—and we have yet to find content that is too complex or arcane for our approach.
- Model Answers are more than scripted responses. They show your associates what great customer service looks like in specific customer situations.
- With the standards set, associates can improvise and develop their own unique responses while staying true to your objectives.
Part 3: Interactive Exercises
- Co-critique interactions to raise customer service awareness.
- Brainstorm ways to incorporate the Model Answers into customer service.
- Tie Model Answers back to the principles through role-play, unpacking word choice, and exploring pacing and other cues.
The quality of your customer service probably impacts your sales—it certainly impacts how customers perceive your brand. That’s why customer service training is one of the best investments you can make! Want to read more about customer service training? Check out this post. We also discuss the best ways to optimize the customer experience here.
CareCredit Client Opportunities
Are you a Premium CareCredit client? We offer coaching for companies like you! Ask about our ACE coaching program.